Estate planning and inheritance tax
Planning for retirement, managing inheritance tax, investing for your family and ensuring you make full use of tax-efficient structures for your finances is the core of what we do. You may also need a full financial plan that aims to meet all your goals and objectives. Whatever you want to achieve with your money, we can help you. We manage your investments to ensure your goals become a reality.
Business assets do not form part of an estate for inheritance tax purposes, but if you sell your business and these assets become cash, they are subject to inheritance tax. We help you put a plan in place to pass on your wealth in the most tax-efficient way.
Pension tax rules can be especially complex for higher earners. Our experts can help you with:
- Using your annual allowance and using carry forward
- How to most efficiently split contributions between your company or you personally
- Managing the lifetime allowance tax charge
- Setting up your income in retirement from your pensions, ISAs, other investments and cash saving, allowing full use of tax allowances
Saving for retirement is possibly one of the most important financial challenges people will face. We advise on many areas, such as:
- Paying additional pension contributions, utilising pension carry forward rules
- Maximising the annual allowance you can pay in to pensions and understanding the complicated allowances for higher earners
- Measuring your pension against the lifetime allowance tax charge
- Utilising your ISA allowance as well as other investments and savings to produce income in retirement savings
- Managing your investments with a range of high quality fund managers